Declaring a Psychology Minor:
Prior to graduation submit a Declaration of Minor form (forms also available at Tobin 503), and an unofficial transcript (please highlight Psych course and grades). Submit these materials to the Undergraduate Secretary in Tobin 538. The Psychology minor may be declared as soon as you are officially enrolled in your last psychology course(s). The minor will not appear on your SPIRE record until all courses have been successfully completed. The minor must be processed before you graduate.
Once your declaration of minor has been processed by the registrar's office, it will appear on your SPIRE record under the Academics tab in the Student Services Center.
Questions about the minor can be directed to the Undergraduate Secretary, Laurie Dove (email).
Psychology minor requirements
- Students who wish to pursue a minor in psychology need to complete 5 classes totaling at least 15 graded credits in psychology.
- All courses counted toward the minor must have a grade of C or better (no exceptions).
- Practicum courses (Psych 398) are not counted toward the minor.
- At least 9 of the 15 credits for the minor must be taken at UMass Amherst or UMass Amherst Continuing and Professional Education.
- AP Psych credit may not be used towards the minor.
- No requirements for the minor may be taken pass/fail.
- Declaration of Minor form