Graduate School Opportunities

When the Psychology Advising office receives information from graduate programs, we will post that information here.  A posting here does not constitute any endorsement of the program.  We are simply passing on information that we receive. Bear in mind that there are LOTS of graduate programs across the country and across the world.  We only receive specific notices from a few.  So, be sure to search out programs that might be of interest to you.  We have information about graduate psychology programs in the advising office (Tobin 501) or you can search for programs online.  We are also happy to talk with you in the advising office about how you might go about searching for graduate programs.

Most recent postings at top of table.


More Info

Date Posted

Tufts University
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences


January 15

December 1



Master of Arts in Child Study and Human Development - M.A.
M.A. students enter the two-year program in the fall and then choose either the applied track or the thesis track. Applied students complete an intensive internship in the second year. Thesis students work on an independent research project in a faculty lab or on a study of their own design. Graduates take high-level jobs in applied settings, or enter top-rated doctoral programs.

Master of Arts in Teaching - M.A.T.
For students who have already earned an undergraduate degree, the M.A.T. program leads to Massachusetts teacher licensure at the Pre-K through 2nd grade levels. Students complete two years of coursework and practicum experiences. The program focuses on training teachers to work with children in urban settings.

Joint Degree: Master of Arts in Child Study and Human Development and Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning - M.A.
Master’s students with a primary interest in child and family policy or advocacy pursue coursework and community internships leading to this comprehensive joint degree.

Ph.D. in Child Study and Human Development - Ph.D.
Doctoral students work intensively with one or more faculty members to conduct cutting-edge research, and also complete a 600-hour applied internship in a setting that serves children, youth, or families. Students entering with a related M.A. go directly into the Ph.D. program; students without an M.A. enter the M.A./Ph.D. program.