DEPARTMENTAL HONORS IN PSYCHOLOGY
FALL 2013 ADVISING:
Departmental Honors Faculty Advisors:
Prof. Erik Cheries, 407 Tobin Hall, email (Fall 2013 office hrs: Wednesdays 3-4p)
Prof. Bernhard Leidner, 639 Tobin Hall, email (Fall 2013 office hrs: Tuesdays 12.30pm-1.30pm)
Prof. David Scherer, 610 Tobin Hall, email (Fall 2013 office hrs: Wednesdays 11am-12pm)
DEPARTMENTAL HONORS IN PSYCHOLOGY:
- to participate in Departmental Honors, students must apply to Commonwealth Honors College specifically for Psychology Departmental Honors;
- students must meet with the Departmental Honors Coordinator to discuss requirements and departmental opportunities;
- students will be informed about Departmental Honors admissions decisions directly from Commonwealth Honors College.
*for more information on the admissions process & requirements see CHC's page for Psychology here.
Whether completing Commonwealth Honors College's Scholar requirements or not, receiving Psychology Departmental Honors requires:
- 1 PSYCH honors course 300-level or higher with a minimum grade of B
- 1 PSYCH honors course 300-level or higher with a minimum grade of B+
- PSYCH 499Y “Honors Research” with a grade of B or better (research supervisor must be a Psychology Faculty member)
- PSYCH 499T “Honors Thesis” with a grade of B or better (chair of thesis committee must be a Psychology Faculty member)